JumpBoard Dynamics Workshop
- History of JumpBoard. Review anatomical/alignment issues. Introduce jumpboard vocabulary optimal landing, jumping and flight recruitment patterns.
- Learn jumpboad class warmup including core warm-up and lower chain warmup, review common footwork errors, learn basic jump technique, learn various flight and landing positions.
- Introduce choreography and learn jumps by block system: glute focus, quad focus, hip flexor focus
- Jumps for lateral hip and trunk control, abdominal focus, foot and ankle focus. mini-class.
- Jumps for athletes and advanced coordination, arm umping, jumps for dancers.
- Complementary board repertoire for programming, considerations/modifications for specific populations, stretches using the board, structuring a class.
- Participants will learn the following:
- Optimal efficiency in jump technique.
- How to screen clients for injury risk.
- A "jumping" vocabulary for teaching jumpboard.
- A large repertoire of jumps filed according to objectives and muscle focus.
- Complimentary repertoire and stretches on the board.
- Considerations/modifications for special populations including dancers, athletes, post-partum, seniors.
- How to structure a class.
This workshop is approved by the PMA for 3 CECs.