Created On: 03/24/2017
Compensation: hourly + bonus
Location: Fullerton and/or Brea
The purpose of the Pilates instructor is to provide safe, effective group Pilates instruction using the reformer and other pieces of equipment.
* Provide Pilates classes, including group reformer classes, as directed by the studio owner and pursuant to Club Pilates standards
* Must be skilled at proper and safe use of a variety of equipment during each class, including, but not limited to, hand weights, Exo-Chair, Reformer, Springboard and other equipment as needed to ensure a safe yet creative group experience
* May be required to conduct private, semi private, or other additional sessions as needed
* Will visually inspect the equipment prior to the beginning of class to ensure equipment is in good working order and safe to use
* Instructor will be responsible for maintenance of the studio, including cleaning floor after each session and making sure the studio is well-stocked with items such as water in the spray bottles, and other items needed for the operations of a class
* Instructor will be required to arrive at a set time prior to the beginning of each scheduled class
* Other duties as assigned
* 500 hour certification through Club Pilates or comparable experience/certification
* Excellent customer service skills required
* Must be able to demonstrate effective group reformer instruction
* Excellent interpersonal skills required
* Must communicate professionally and effectively to clients and colleagues
* Must have excellent public speaking skills
* Must have proficient computer skills
* Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation. Must have a clean DMV record and successfully pass background check. Daily and/or occasional travel may be required.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
*The physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, work with fingers, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions
* Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and be able to move/push equipment as needed
* Visual acuity required
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is not exposed to any adverse or inclement conditions
*The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies, including the policy of at will employment.